Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mama Skinner's Homeade Refried Beans

I am just adding all the random recipes I have laying around the house. I made these on Sunday with the Honey Lime Enchiladas that Brig loves. I will post that one too.

3 c. dried pinto beans
2 T minced garlic
5 t salt
2 t pepper
half peeled onion

Soak just beans overnight in about 8 cups of water. Take out 2 cups of the water and add the remaining ingredients in the crock pot. Cook for 8 hours on low. Take out onion and throw away and drain the water from the beans, but save it. Mash beans with potato masher than add back as much water as you like. They are low in fat without lard and so yummy. For spice, add a jalapeno and then take it out like you did the onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment